Another Mystery Model

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Anticipating the Convention

Tuesday, 13, August 2024

What will the speakers say at the Convention?  I've only watched three of them (conventions, I mean), but I heard Hillary Clinton's comment about a basket of deplorables in 2016, and I knew right then that it was a tactless thing to say.  Hillary will be invited to speak this year as well, and I think, personally, that she ought to apologize for having said that.  I don't like some of Trump's circle of advisors now, and I didn't like them then.  But the followers of Trump are sheep without a shepherd (of course Trump himself is not any kind of shepherd), and it doesn't make sense to call the rank and file names. 

Also speaking are Bill Clinton, Barak Obama, of course Kamala Harris and Tim Walz, possibly Josh Shapiro, Gretchen Whitmer, Pete Buttigieg, and probably Chuck Schumer.

I think, though, they should get Michelle Obama.  Angry speakers are easy to find, but might not get the TV viewers fired up to vote.  Michelle Obama, in contrast, strikes a perfectly civilized tone, and leaves everyone feeling, well, more noble, and well-intentioned! 

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment