Another Mystery Model

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Pockets

I was recently reminded about the stupid, ornamental pockets they put on most women's clothes.  I had switched over to guys' pants so long ago that I had forgotten. 

It appears that appearance trumps utility in women's fashions even at this late date.  Either most women are perfectly happy with wearing clothes with just ornamental or fake pockets, or designers find that clothes with real pockets don't sell.  Or don't sell at the volume that makes them profitable.  (I doubt that they do serious product research anyway.)

To be honest, I do feel unhappy about how men's clothes fit on me.  Skirts that I like don't have usable pockets at all, and they look funny with a cellphone stuck into the back pocket.  I'm losing my sense of humor over this dilemma.  Maybe I need to get some roomy gathered skirts, and insert some set-in pockets that are plenty spacious!  My favorite aunt used to wear those ...

No comments:

Post a Comment