Another Mystery Model

Monday, July 15, 2024

Attitudes Towards the Murder Attempt

2024 July 15.

I wrote in the Helen Blog, my attitude about the shooting.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes that someone would take Trump far, far away.  But when it comes right down to it, it feels very wrong to think in that way, and I'm very resentful that he pushes us to such extremes.  The extreme Right surely thinks that Trump, as a figurehead, is a godsend.  He keeps spouting this preposterous disinformation, so that no one knows which way is up. 

One thing is certain, to me,  that is: I don't want Trump in the White House.  I just don't want to have to make calculations around these undecided nitwits; that drives me crazy.  If I could, I'd go to each undecided moron, and beat him upside the head, as we say.

One reason people even consider voting for Trump is that he's maniacal about limiting immigration.  To be honest, if illegal immigration across the southern border goes out of control (and truly it has already) everyone is going to support fierce policies about immigration control.  But here's the problem: everybody (and I do mean everybody) wants immigrants to do the unskilled labor. 

Do we want unskilled immigrants (or migrants, anyway) to form a permanent lower stratum of society?  This issue is forcing everyone to think carefully about what they want our society to look like. 

Kay, feeling very unhappy

No comments:

Post a Comment