Another Mystery Model

Monday, June 3, 2024

Another Miscellany (also Pasta Salad)

Various things set me off thinking  that I want to put something here for you readers, but there isn't enough for a theme for the whole post!

Caitlin Clark.  I'm getting to the point where whatever she does seems fascinating and interesting!  I'm not exactly a fan, because I don't follow the game (of basketball), and it seems to me that there are a vast number of basketball fans who have opinions about how things should have gone, who are amateurs at best (or never touched a basketball at worst), and I don't want to be one more.  The ignorance of the basketball armchair quarterbacks is embarrassing, even to a complete outsider like me.   [Added later:]  It appears that the rough treatment Caitlin suffered from this Chennedy person is attracting more attention.  What I don't like is some commenter remarking (in the comments on Facebook posts) that 'no talent black girls should be thrown out.'  They didn't exactly come out and say that, and sports fans have been famously rough spoken, but seriously, this Chennedy is underscoring the racial angle of the incident, and if there wasn't one to start with, there could very quickly be one now.  I hope Chennedy is happy.  🥲

Cats.  I was at my friend's house when a service person came in, and of course the dog had to make friends with him.  There was lots of tail wagging, and sniffing of pant legs, and so on.  Dogs are great communicators.  The cat just hides at first, then gradually emerges, and watches.  She has no hope of figuring anything out, except whether the visitor is friendly, or dangerous.  If he or she is friendly, she'll ask for a petting, otherwise she'll stay out of reach, and keep watching.  That's all!  With those simple tools, she relates to everyone, and everyone feels as though they know the cat.  Truly, there isn't much to know there. 

Donald Trump.  I do not like the man; I'm sure I have made my feelings known.  But I think all the vilification of the man and his family is unnecessary and over the top, and only serves to provide all the MAGA folks fodder to hate the Democrats even more.  It's everybody's fault for electing him in the first place, and giving him the opportunity to trash the Washinton D.C. establishment.   But now, Trump wants to enjoy it again.  And we did not know just how much trash there already was in the nation's capital, until Trump brought out the worst in it!  The Supreme Court: don't even mention it to me; whatever there was to admire there is now gone. 

Allergies.  All my sinuses are stuffed; I can't even shake my head without it hurting.  Today has been the worst of the last several days; a warm water shower helps a lot. 

Pasta Salad.  My friend very kindly made a pasta salad for me, so that I don't have to go foraging for food!  Her salad consists of * Cooked Rotini, little spiral bits of pasta; * Little cubes of cheese; I asked for pepper jack; * sliced sweet pepper—I asked for orange peppers, and she kindly obliged; * onion; thickly chopped pieces of white onion; * little chunks of cucumber, or celery.  Cucumber chunks need to be soaked in salt and vinegar briefly, but I couldn't insist on that procedure, because after all, it was a gift.  * Then there was pieces of sun-dried tomato, which, I ḍidn't used to do, but I really like it; * she put in a cupful of salad dressing, and finally, I would have put in pieces of thick-sliced pepperoni, cut in quarters.  She didn't do that, because she doesn't believe in pepperoni—she's a pepperoni atheist.

I can't even finish this post; I gotta go get myself a bowl of this stuff ...

Well, guess what?  Overnight, the cucumber (aka 'cukes', for those not in the know) soaked up some of the salad dressing, and taste quite decent now.  Also, she had put in * Ripe olives (the black ones) cut in half!  Fabulous!!!

[More to come ...]

No comments:

Post a Comment