Another Mystery Model

Thursday, June 1, 2023

Transphobia

I have always been uncomfortable about the T in LGBTQ+; I keep thinking it isn't time to slide them in with the remaining Queer folks, and their rights and privileges.  (J.K. Rowling's discomfort about Trans folk is a cousin of my own, but I'm not ready to discuss it.). But I'm reading a book about a Trans lesbian, and I'm so sad that I might be lumped in with the people that this girl has reservations about.

In fact, in the story, she says that, growing up she was terrified that some homophobe would come at her with a baseball bat.  No, it isn't just trans people that I'm uncomfortable with, just for being trans.  I'm unhappy with parents who support their minor children in their insistence to become trans

Since I've formed my opinion, I'm reading that it's difficult for a person who has undergone puberty with the "undesired" gender, to successfully get hormone therapy once they're adults.  I'm still puzzling over how to reconcile this fact (if it is a fact, and a truly insurmountable problem) with my reservations.  But you can be assured that I'm not going to assault trans people (except possibly in self defense, if they get fresh with me).

I just wanted to put that out there, before I went back to reading my book.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment