Another Mystery Model

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Random Remarks

These are observations based on what I see on DeviantArt, Facebook, The New York Times, Amazon, and the local TV news.  Being completely idle is not easy, because I get bored, and then I'm at the mercy of whoever suggest something that promises to be entertaining!

Okay: Blue eyes.  I'm getting heartily sick of pics with blue eyes on DA.  I guess I ought to stop looking at artwork politically, but blue eyes are characteristic of the northern European type that Hitler held in such high regard.  I don't mind grey eyes, but blue eyes are sort of getting to me.  I can't think of any of my friends who have blue eyes, but I'm sure there are a couple.  Good thing I'm using a pen-name, or my friends are going to be so upset ...

Next: Sansa Stark.  I get the impression that this character (from Game of Thrones) is a redheaded, well-endowed girl who hates to wear clothes.  Why are the guys (and gals) on DA obsessed with drawing her, or cosplaying her, and generally reminding us of her (former) existence?  Can some GoT expert tell us whether this woman was an interesting character, beyond her ample chest?  I like chests as much as the next girl, but the frequency of Sansa-related entries is wearing me out.

Next: Mail-Order Bride, a story on Kindle that is really far out.  It is about a time in the not-so-distant future, when Earth has come in contact with an entire consortium of civilizations, which are rapidly absorbing Earth's culture, technology, and population into its framework.  (It's not violent or cruel; it's just that people just know that humans are, and will be, second-class citizens of the so-called Hegemony.)  This is  'hard' science fiction, and the author seems well informed about the aspects of technology that are relevant.  Very interesting, altogether.

Last but not least:. Get over this fussing with the hair, already!  More than half the pictures of women have an elaborate hairdo, with strands down the sides of the face!!  They must be designed to make the face look younger.  One of the pictures is of a girl who supposedly was born to sail the seas.  Sorry to break this to you, Mr. Artist, but you can't be a sailor with a fussy hairdo, not unless your Dad is the captain.

Addendum:  Going back to the blue eyes ---and a lot of the other complaints---it seems that many of the young artists on DA are youthful, and some of them are immature and childlike, and they have quite cliche fantasies:  blue-eyed blonde girls with lots of fly-away hair, and exposed breasts.  That's sort of the difficulty with a site like DA, where it's open membership.  And you certainly don't want to restrict membership to superior artists because who's to judge?  And by its very name you know the artistic values on DeviantArt are going to be unconventional.  But I do deplore their heading like lemmings to the blonde blue-eyed sea!

Just a few minutes ago, I saw a couple of pieces with grey eyes, and I nearly cried with joy!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment