Another Mystery Model

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

ANOTHER GRIPE!

OK, tell me this: why are all the women wearing swimsuits (or something like one) on DeviantArt?

Answer: most members are guys.  Well, that's just my suspicion, but it is a strong one.  As a matter of fact, you can follow the clicks for each piece, and learn the pronouns of most of the artists.  But of course, we don't know whether they're being truthful.  In matters like this, though, I think we could take them at their word.  (In the case of their self-identification in the matter of which bathroom they want to use, I think I want to think about it some more.) They're guys.  There are a number of women, but the majority of the artistic fiends are guys.  Instead of drawing nude girls in their notebooks, they upload them to DA.

I'm still trying to find a clue about how to tell the female artists from the male; once I discover such a thing, I will report on it.

Another trend I hate is: eye make-up.  Even queens, or fairies, or goddesses wear tons of eye-makeup.  If you were a goddess, would you try to have naturally attractive eyes, or would you use a spell to make it appear as though you're wearing eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara, and prosthetic eyelashes?  Tell me honestly.  This is a question that every artist who is inspired to draw supernatural women should answer: if you were a female deity, nymph or fairy: would you use your powers to (a) appear naturally attractive, or (b) magically simulate modern cosmetics?

KHB 

No comments:

Post a Comment