Another Mystery Model

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Robert and David

I want to write a story about a girl named Robert.  I just saw an ad about a story featuring two girls called Bryce and Cameron, so why the heck not?  How about female twins called Prometheus and Epimetheus?

Just finished reading a story set in a rural village in England, where there is a portal to a fairy world, which contains Elves and Dwarves, (they refer to the Dwarves as 'Amish') and the story is about a sort of inter-species war.

What's interesting about it is that one of the main characters in it is called Duke.  It's not her real name, but it's what she calls herself.  It appears that, early on, lesbian kids would take on boys' names.  Duke was a lovely person, a Dwarf, tough as nails, with a heart of gold.  I ought to identify the book clearly: The Fire I Called, by M. Xxxxx (oops, I forgot the author's name.)  (Added later:  The author is M. Dane.)

Kay Hemlock Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment