Weird Al Yankovic. I don't know whether he actually penned that line, which is in his spoof "Eat it!", of Michael Jackson's hit Beat it.
There are so many fantastic spoofs by Weird Al, but I only know a few:
- I lost on Jeopardy
- Eat it
- Fat
- My Bologna
- Another one rides the bus
- I love Rocky Road
- Ricky
- Stop dragging my car around
- (Yo-yo-yo-yo) Yoda
That first one might be a bit obscure; it was inspired by Our love's in jeopardy [.Greg Kihn Band].
"Fat" was a parody of Bad, by Michael Jackson, of course.
"My Bologna" parodies My Sharona.
"Another one rides the bus" takes off on Queen's Another one bites the dust.
"I love Rocky Road" spoofs Joan Jett.
"Ricky" spoofs Toni Basil.
"Stop dragging my car around" parodies Stevie Nicks.
"Yoda" parodies The Kinks's Lola.
Another great parody is "It's Christmas at Ground Zero", which is clearly a parody. I heard it in a Dr. Demento CD, but I can't figure out the original.
K
P.S. Wait!! It appears that "Christmas at Ground Zero" is a spoof of—of all things—Winter Wonderland! One of my (few!) friends pointed that out.
I'll try to get the lyrics to you!
K
OK, lyrics:
Christmas at Ground ZeroSong by "Weird Al" Yankovic ‧ 1986 It's Christmas at ground zeroThere's music in the airThe sleigh bells are ringing, and the carolers are singingWhile the air-raid sirens blareIt's Christmas at ground zeroThe button has been pressedThe radio just let us knowThat this is not a testEverywhere the atom bombs are droppingIt's the end of all humanityNo more time for last-minute shoppingIt's time to face your final destinyIt's Christmas at ground zeroThere's panic in the crowdWe can dodge debris while we trim the treeUnderneath the mushroom cloudYou might hear some reindeer on your rooftopOr Jack Frost on your windowsillBut if someone's climbing down your chimneyYou better load your gun and shoot to killOh, it's Christmas at ground zeroAnd if the radiation level's okayI'll go out with you and see all the newMutations on New Year's DayIt's Christmas at ground zeroJust seconds left to goI'll duck and cover with my Yuletide loverUnderneath the mistletoeIt's Christmas at ground zeroNow the missiles are on their wayWhat a crazy fluke, we're gonna get nukedOn this jolly holidayWhat a crazy fluke, we're gonna get nukedOn this jolly holidaySource: MusixmatchSongwriters: Al Yankovic
No comments:
Post a Comment