Another Mystery Model

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Clueless Woman

A couple of days ago, I was reading a story about a clueless grad student, who is set up with a beautiful highschool teacher.  Most of the reviews on Amazon were negative; I believe mostly because grad students are an unfamiliar type for readers of lesfic.  It's hard for a typical person to understand how much tunnel vision is lurking in the confused brain of a PhD student.  I found the story really believable,  so I rated it high, and gave it a polite review. 

It turned out that the book I had read was actually a prequel.  The next book had been written first, and after it had been written, the author seems to have smoothed out the harshness of the MC.  In the book I'm reading now, the MC is an asshole.  She's a two-timing wretch with no conscience, and the sanitized prequel manages to downplay this.  So now I must get on  GoodReads  and humble myself, and explain how it was that I was fooled, and to make it clear that not all graduate students are two-timing bitches.

Kay the Gullible

No comments:

Post a Comment