Another Mystery Model

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Centered Paragraphs?

I'm just reading a story with a weird characteristic: every paragraph is centered!

What kind of weirdo would do that?  I suppose I should not impute peculiar motives to new authors, but hey, they ought to take the trouble to set out their stories in a professional way.  Sometimes I get the feeling that kids write stories for their high school magazines in a certain way that passes for 'creative' when they're in school, and continue to write the same way professionally.

Quite honestly, I have to stop thinking that LGBTQRSV++ authors writing e-books are professionals, exactly.  I can honestly say this because when I wrote my first story for Smashwords, I was far from being a professional, except in the sense that my grammar and syntax might have been fairly good.  I had to fix up almost every story at least once, and re-upload it.  And I did not feel comfortable letting any of my friends look at my writing, precisely because I was on the queer spectrum myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment