Another Mystery Model

Monday, April 20, 2020

Miscellany

I often look at the sales figures for my books on Smashwords, and I'm seeing each of the titles selling a few over the month.

I think I know what these crazy sales figures mean.

A few readers have gotten interested in the Helen character, and the characters in the story (stories) and seem to be stocking up on the entire series.  I'm grateful for however many readers are this way; I realize that the readership of this set of stories is likely to be small; I wrote about why this is so: there are many areas of interest that must intersect for a person to relate to these (Helen) stories, and such folks are very likely to be few in number.

Westfield has been finished, and has been uploaded.  It will be available at the end of the month.

All of these (except for Helen's Concerto) are extracts from material I had written a year or two ago.  Concerto, especially the last part, was written over the last year.  (Those most recent sections are the weakest, and I apologize.)

I am currently writing a story that takes place after Concerto, as Helen and Sita find themselves in the Coronavirus crisis.  As usual, I'm letting the story write itself, and not steering it very strongly.  I doubt that it will be ready any time soon, because I have got out of the habit of writing, and external events are distracting me.  So far I have got Helen and Sita traveling in the South, in a sort of honeymoon.  There are no purple passages, but as you probably agree, Sita has always been strung a bit tight, and it was time that we had a Sita who is a bit looser!  No; she isn't going to be that loose, don't worry.

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment