Another Mystery Model

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Nancy Wilson of Heart

Nancy Wilson is a guitarist.   See her play on the video of Dreamboat Annie on YouTube.

Ann Wilson is an amazing singer; I really admire her performances at Lincoln Center, especially Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zeppelin, and All Things Must Pass, by George Harrison.  Nancy seems to have been content to allow Ann to take the lead on their musical collaborations; perhaps Nancy had the less powerful voice. 

It seems to me that both of these women had an amazing 'Glass half full' approach to life.  In addition, in my view, Nancy was one of the most beautiful women in Rock.  I have seen Nancy describe some guitar techniques on YouTube, and she was so, so cute!

Well, I don't own any of their albums, so all this fan-girling hasn't much substance behind it.  I hadn't been turned on to their music thus far, because it was driven--- it seemed to me--- mostly by Anne's voice.  It is known that they were attracted to Folk music (at least, music in the same style as that of Paul Simon and Peter Paul and Mary), which is a big favorite of my own.  I wish there are records of them singing that stuff!  Maybe there is ...

Well, have a good week, everyone!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment