Another Mystery Model

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Something I Just Realized

I have been reading a whole lot of romances on Kindle, re-reading a few I had whizzed through before, and I'm noticing:

their covers aren't very satisfying.  In fact, my own covers, by and large, are far better than these professionally produced book covers!

I guess that's only to be expected; after all, I had the final say on my own covers, and these authors must have controlled their own covers, to a large extent.  I was trying to think of a reason why this was happening, and I could not.

My biggest sorrow is that I could never find an image of Helen, my favorite OC, as we on DeviantArt call them.  Helen's signature feature is that she has a long blonde braid.  It was longer when she was young, and gradually got shorter.  Her hair was tightly curling when she was a kid, and straightened out over the years.  But DA artists could never draw her to my satisfaction.  But my covers were definitely superior.

Kay.

2 comments:

  1. You're really cool! I'm not sure I've ever read anything like this before. It's great to find someone with unique perspectives on this subject. I appreciate you starting this. This fantastic website is exactly what the internet needs: someone with a little bit of creativity. This is a great project for providing new content to your website!airbnb cleaning orlando

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the essay and the helpful advice. I agree that hard work is the most crucial factor in achieving success. airbnb cleaning kissimmee

    ReplyDelete