Another Mystery Model

Friday, July 29, 2022

A Book I Would Like TO READ

Oh my FREAKING GOD!!!

Why am I screaming, after so many years of talking calmly and collectedly?  Because I'm going out of my mind, reading some of the formulaic crap that I get from Kindle!  Why do I go to Kindle to buy books, if I hate it so much?  Because it's easy to find the sort of books I want (well, it has been easy; they've suddenly decided not to sell books on the app.  Fine), and I don't know where else to go.

Ok.  I'm fine.  What do I hate about some of these books?

They're about Big Shots.  Ok, I've done it too; written about a queen, a princess, various celebrities.  But I've also written about regular people.

There's a ton of sex.  Does it all have to have so much graphic sex?  Don't lesbians have any imagination?  Is the only interesting thing about two women falling in love the sex they're having?

The main characters have super white names.  (The exceptions are stories written by Brits; I get the impression that Brits are a lot more loosey-goosey than Americans.  Good for them.  Except that they use British colloquialisms that throw me off.  Luckily for them, I don't grade them down for that reason alone.). The pen name I chose for myself is Brown.  Ok, it's a white name.  It could have been Braun, or Bruno, fine.  But I remember my parents watching some prime-time soap opera, back in the eighties, and the main family's name was: Carrington!!!  Talk about white!  And that name simply drips of fake upperclass-ness!

There's a lot of gratuitous swearing.  It's all fucking this, and fucking that, and fucking her and her sister.  Of course, sometimes it's unavoidable; romances lead to fucking, eventually.  But it's almost as if these authors are afraid that they'll lose their readers unless there was some fucking in the first sentence.  (Maybe that's why my books don't sell ...)

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment