Another Mystery Model

Saturday, July 11, 2020

A New Story From Kay Hemlock Brown—That's Me

Our final Cover (Gina deLuna)
Dear Friends:

A couple of weeks ago, I started a new story, on impulse, and I just finished it last night, and posted it on Smashwords!

I know this is sudden, but I'm so grateful that I still had it in me to complete a story this quickly.  It is a first-person story, which I have never tried before.  It is about a girl who has just graduated college, and started work at a restaurant.  I intentionally wanted it to be "a humble occupation," as she describes it herself.

She looks down on all her classmates, all through college.  But now, she doesn't have any friends, and she reaches out to her former roommate, and gradually learns to relate to people.

It starts off slowly, but becomes a little intense at the end.  I don't remember enough about my own feelings while I was writing the story, to be able to tell you why I wrote it this way.  I still worry about whether some of the things I put in there were a little gratuitous, but none of you folks have ever commented on anything, so I just know you're not going to read it and tell me!

Molly, on the Ramble
I can't urge you to buy it and read it, because it isn't free.  I guess I will make it for free eventually, but right now it's selling for a couple of dollars.

I don't even have a decent cover for it, and I couldn't even think of what I would put on the cover.  There is a dog in the story, a Boxer; maybe that's what I'll put on the cover, though that would be sort of false advertising.

So, go ahead and procure the book, if you're so inclined (how about that word, eh?  Procure...), and convey your response to the story to me somehow.  I leave the method to you.

Kay

P.S.: We have joined the Summer Sale, just for Yraid.  (That's 'Diary' spelled backwards.)

No comments:

Post a Comment