Another Mystery Model

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

I'm Really Pleased

This morning, I was scrolling my way through my Fb feed, when I saw an article on Caitlin Clark.  (They throw lots of CC posts at me.  So predictable.)

This article was unusual.  It was easy to understand, it didn't have a ton of statistics, it wasn't filled with abstruse basketball terms that I didn't understand.  Best of all, there was hardly any mention about how much money Caitlin Clark is earning the WNBA, something that is common knowledge, but something which I find a little crass. 

Instead, there was a lot about how Caitlin's presence in the Indiana Fever has increased attendance at their games, and viewership of women's basketball all over the US and all over the world!  (I guess, even if no one talks about money, indirectly it all translated to increased earnings; but this is a little more classy.)

There was some mention of Caitlin's supportive teammates, Aliyah Boston and Kelsey Mitchell.  (I personally love Boston; she has such a friendly grin, and she is so supportive of her team!  She's lovely to have in that team.  I can easily understand how hard it must be to have Caitlin show up and make them all look bad.  That was at the beginning; pretty soon they were all playing well; I guess just as soon as Caitlin got confident about her teammates. 

There was a feature about Caitlin that emphasized that she was an all-round sportsman (or sportswoman), a musician, and a pretty good dancer!  They mentioned her favorite popular musicians, but I only caught the name of Drake.

But, alas, that awesome post about Caitlin: it got whisked away, before I could comment and say how well-written it was!

Kay

Records, records, records!!  PLEASE, can everybody stop talking about records?  Attendance records,  earning records, salary records, it's really too much!  It's as if all of life has turned into the Olympics!

Right now Caitlin is basically a normal girl, who plays basketball really well.  But if they keep up this records madness, she's going to become a twisted human being.  Leave her alone!

I just learned what a triple-double is (in Basketball).  Points, of course are scored for baskets: two points, or three points, or maybe one point.  Assist points are scored if the player passes to another teammate who make a basket;  a rebound is when a point is scored when the ball comes right off an unsuccessful attempt.  A double- double is if a player's score in two categories reach double digits.  Triple double are when the player gets double- digit scores in all three categories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment