Another Mystery Model

Monday, January 3, 2022

My Christmas Story

This story, of which spake the prophets of old (just kidding; nobody spake of it), is---and I blush to say it---just half of a story.  I have a rough idea how to fill it out, but being the coward that I am, I don't want to get started on it.  But there is a lot of story in this first part already.

Another feature of it is: it is about a group of high-school kids from a variety of schools, who have been brought together to sing the Bach Christmas Oratorio, or the Weihnachtsoratorium, as Germans call it.  There is a lot of authorial gushing about the Oratorio, but you might be able to ignore all that.  I just love music, and I find it hard to hide that.

There are two girls, 11th-graders, who are, in my mind, approaching a sort of romantic relationship with each other, but in the story so far, there is very little explicit mention of a relationship.  It is full of Christmas Spirit, because I wrote it about 10 years ago, before I was standing in the corner, losing my religion!  Don't get me wrong; I love Jesus, most of all, and all of those who enter into his story, but I hate the way the modern church is controlled by people with no imagination, and no real understanding of what Jesus would do if he were alive today.

Kay 

No comments:

Post a Comment