Another Mystery Model

Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Galactic Voyager : The Epilogue

I promised to write a last installment of the Helen story, right after I finished Helen and Sharon Vuehl.  (I'm confused; I keep thinking that everyone knows what episodes I have published, and which I have not, and of course, neither is the case; some of you haven't obtained some of the more dull-sounding episodes that are available, and none  of you have seen the ones that are not  up on Smashwords, so . . .)  So, anyway, I ought to be working like mad, trying to write that epilogue.

Readers who have only read the Music on the Galactic Voyager are probably wondering what I am talking about, because the Voyager story is essentially a "one-of" story.  What you don't know is that there is an entire series of Helen stories, about a musician and professor on Earth, who has various adventures, including starring in a TV series as a musician called Cecilia Yorke.  The Music on the Galactic Voyager  is simply an expansion of the plot of that TV series, replacing Cecilia Yorke with Helen.  Only, in the Music story, Helen does not have amnesia, and never did, so it is not the same person.  OK, that explains to each sort of reader what the relationship between the two Helens is.

Well, I have been working on the conclusion of the earth-bound Helen saga, and it is a lot of work.  I want to take a brief holiday, and work on the Music on the Galactic Voyager  for a few weeks.  I have a few ideas.

I love symmetry and balance, but if I keep looking for symmetry and balance in the storyline, it will take considerably longer, and everyone will be frustrated, so I'm going to just try to make it satisfying in simple ways.  In particular, I want things to work out nicely for poor little Lena, my favorite.

Wishing all my readers a happy holiday season, and lots of lovely music!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment