Another Mystery Model

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Helen's Eventful Summer

Well, I did it.

For whatever reason, the latter part of the enormous Helen saga was written rotating among several threads very rapidly.  For one thing, I had introduced a large number of fascinating characters, and I did not want to abandon them, so they keep having interesting and related adventures.

So, I published —actually pre-published— an enormous chunk (90,000 words, give or take) just a few minutes ago.  This has some stories that I just love: Helen meets a call-girl, Melanie; Helen meets Jana, the intense Czech girl; Helen and the gang hear of a Tornado attack (completely fictitious) in Kansas, and go on a mission of mercy; Crystal, a Freshman in college, falls in love with Janet; Vicky, another call girl stalks Helen; Tommy meets a girl in Chicago, and falls in love; Elly meets a girl in Philly.  Marcus and Gena have sex for the first time, which results in a bed being destroyed.

Experienced authors, of course, always insist on writers weeding out all except the most important characters in their novels.  I categorically reject this advice; I am special, and I want to write my way!  (Who do they think they are, anyway?)  It isn't just that I want to make money; I just want to make my writing available, just in case someone likes it, that's all.  I have made a total of $25 from all my writing, and I'm not very upset.

I need a nice cover.  I don't have a cover at all, and that's my project for tonight.

Kay

P.S. Well, I created one, but I'm not sure I like it.  Here it is, at right:

If you read the book, you will learn that the last several episodes is about Tom (Tomasina, Helen's half-sister, the child of Helen's Dad and Grandma Elly, Janet's mother), who decides to appear in a adult video.  One scene has Tommy riding her Honda bike along an abandoned highway, with this Italian teenager seated in front of her, when suddenly the girl decides to stand up on the bike.  This is practically impossible, especially if the girl is wearing a loose antique wedding gown.  But I wanted this for my cover so bad!!!  I have numerous photographs of girls riding motorbikes very sedately, but I want one with a passenger seated in front of the rider, at least on her knees, on the way to standing up, while the rider herself is clothed only in chaps and a vest, or completely naked.  I don't think I will ever be able to find one ..--Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment